Betty King International Ministries is proud to present ‘The Sapphire Company’, our young entrepreneur business programme.
The Sapphire Company is a business programme for young adults between the ages of 18-36 years old who have or would like to go into business. This programme is a yearlong initiative that provides various platforms to learn and grow in business.
The Sapphire Company is a unique business programme that provides teaching brought by different business tycoons who provide real life, practical and biblical teaching. The Sapphire Company also deals with the core foundations of our inner self through biblical teaching and spiritual insight which therefore challenges us to go deeper in God to develop character, integrity and business wisdom.
Background of The Sapphire Company
The Sapphire gem itself represents chasteness, purity and holiness, reflecting the Lord’s divine and holy nature. In many scriptures throughout the bible we see the feet of God resting upon “a pavement of Sapphire stone” (Ex. 24:10). This teaches us that everything God does is actually founded on His pure, divine and holy character and nature. It is upon this foundation of living out of that divine nature within us that the Christian life truly flourishes. Essentially, we at The Sapphire Company understand it is one thing to acquire wealth but another thing to gain and maintain the wealth in a God-honouring way. The culture of God’s Kingdom when it comes to wealth and finance is founded on the same thing that everything else is – His divine and holy nature. To be successful in The Sapphire programme, foundations need to be dealt with first. It is a key focus as part of the training and preparation of those destined to steward great wealth successfully.
Psalms 72 underpins the mandate of The Sapphire Company.
This is the prayer King David pronounced over his son Solomon at his coronation. It is a powerful declaration that fully describes how life is supposed to look for those who would truly be influential in the realm of enterprise and leadership. Some of the declarations include taking the responsibility to defend and care for those that are in need, receiving and stewarding great wealth and generally being a blessing to the earth.
The Sapphire Company essential aim to raise up millionaires and kingdom financers.
The business programme encompasses:
- Relevant and biblical teaching, input and networking opportunities
- 5-6 business forums a year for The Sapphire members.
- Business experts coming to share, inspire, motivate and advise in the forums. We recently had the honour of having Mr Bernard Tansey who came on Friday 22nd April 2016 and shared powerfully on his journey into the business world and highlighted key business principles.
- There will be at least one external networking event a year in London with prevalent guest speakers
- We also provide a bespoke one off 1-2-1 advisory and guidance service for our Sapphire members to bring and discuss their business plans and proposals with well-trained and qualified business professionals.
- We provide exclusive opportunities to travel internationally e.g. Ghana, Scotland and more. On these trips members get key teaching as well as networking opportunities
- Some of the Sapphire members may also have the opportunity to be matched with a business mentor at the end of the programme.
- We also have regular breakthrough prayer meetings where we pray and minister to The Sapphire members.
Moreover, since launching The Sapphire Company in January 2016, we are pleased to announce that some of our Sapphire members have now launched and started their very own businesses! Congratulations to them!!
Faith Apiafi-Hailsham, a team member of The Sapphire Company, has shared some nuggets from Mr. Tansey’s Talk:
One of the key principles that guides Mr Tansey’s business decisions is discernment. Mr Tansey shared 3 tests for discernment:
- The initiative has to come from outside of yourself.
- Peace of soul within you as God will never ask you to do something beyond your capacity.
- A conviction and a burning within your heart.
Tips for aspiring Entrepreneurs:
- Education – take the time to learn and educate yourself in the relevant areas.
- References – build up good references such as teachers, lecturers, mentors and so on that can give you a recommendation.
- Experience – seek work experience to develop an area of expertise and be faithful to your employer. Maximise your time as being an employee is part of the journey towards becoming an employer.
- Work Ethic – He encouraged aspiring entrepreneurs to develop a strong work ethic of excellence and demand the same from those who eventually work for them. He reminded kingdom entrepreneurs that their 9 to 5 jobs were to be taken seriously as a God given opportunity and call into the market place, not despising the days of small beginnings.
Sapphire Company Coordinator